Working from home has become a new norm for many of us, sharing the same space as the rest of the family. Read on for some great ways to set yourself up for an extended period operating from home.
- Carve out a dedicated work area: Choose a space away from distractions, and create an office area you ‘want’ to work from. At the end of the day, shut the door and leave your work behind.
- Get dressed: Getting ‘dressed for the office’ helps to put ourselves in the right space mentally, preparing us for a day of productivity and efficiency.
- Set yourself up right: Very likely you don’t have an ergonomic dining table and chairs. Therefore ensure you set yourself up properly in your new home office.
- Set up a routine: Work your standard hours as much as possible, keeping your usual coffee break and lunchtimes. Avoid distractions like social media, as well as regularly checking the news for COVID-19 updates.
- Family: Ensure your family understands that you need a space of relative peace to be able to do your work correctly and that you are not available for every little issue.
- Technology keeps us virtually together: Messenger is a good tool for communication in the team and Google Docs and Sheets help to collaborate on the varied projects. Other great tools include Slack, WhatsApp and Zoom, as well as a myriad of others that are all just a click away from downloading.
- Look After Yourself: Complete some at-home workouts via YouTube. Also remember to get good quality sleep during your downtimes, as sleep will help you to stay refreshed over the long term.
- Stay Connected: We are social beings, so if you have to self-isolate, remember you are all one click away from our family and friends.
Read on for more practical advise what you can do to make sure your office space an oasis of productivity and creativity: https://bit.ly/3hrSquL
#digitalmarketing #smallbusiness #costumerjourney #salesfunnel #homeoffice #productivity #DigitalAgencyCH #DigitalAgencyAT